Author Topic: Always Ascending  (Read 168360 times)

Roselli

• AC:17 | HP: 31/31 | BI: 3/3
  • Administrator
  • Party Member
  • Gwyn West - Bard - Girl Squirrel
Always Ascending
« on: April 27, 2017, 01:13:16 PM »
The story so far....

Once upon a time 6 strangers woke up inside a dungeon. All of them remembering dreams of a rave filled with people and dancing and blue pills. In the dream there was a giant form of a woman turning people into women and devouring. Back in the waking world, when they look over their weapons they notice that their personal weapons are now inlet with pearl.

On their way to to find the grand egress, they run into a sextet of kobolds who also possess pearl accented weapons. When a scuffle begins our party discovers that none of the weapons in this place are causing damage, but instead lowering their willpower and increasing their sexual desires until becoming a mindless writhing lust slave. After the fight, they do a little test, and after a headbutt from Retiaria's horns cause actual pain and damage, they become covered in pearl like the weapons.

The team starts to look for a way out, and the loud mouthed bard, being impatient, falls into a hole. When the others free him from the pit, they find he is in the form of a shapely upper crust elf woman instead of the half-elf that fell into the trap.

The group holds up in one of the rooms. Overnight dreams and kobolds take the dragonborn paladin and dwarf cleric changing them into very very well-endowed women. A blue pill playing a key part in their change. Pressing on to escape a trap transforms the final male and half-elf rogue of the group into a literal elf princess.

The women continue on into a confrontation with a rhumba of pear shaped goblin women. It's a tough fight, but they are able to press on. Finding the goblin girls' camp, they rest for a bit.

Finally they find a room with a lemon woman offering her assistance in the form offering goods and services for money. While all the new women see the swank room, the original ladies see abandoned squalor. After a spiked drink and roll in the hay with the bard, Retiaria sees the fancy room, leaving Naethra alone seeing what may or may not be the truth.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:54:23 AM by Roselli »

Alice

• The Lady of Excess
  • Administrator
  • Party Member
Re: Always Ascending
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 11:44:08 AM »
Bantering with the group Amber smiles taking the Tieflings goods. "Well.. seems you've found some quite pretty trinkets." She passes back 25 GP in this places currency. "That should do it." She then offers a stout shield off the wall. As Retaria picks it up and straps it to her body, it phases into being for Naethra Retria's presence seeming to bridge the two layers of reality.

She then takes the mail and with a small clack of a jewelers hammer hands back a single pollished steel ring.

The leather armor is similarly reduced to a single iron circlet to be worn on the elf's brow.

"Anyone else want their protective gear made more convenient? I'm given to understand that the potential for change only grows as you go up."

She slices Duran off six days worth of ration bar and wraps them. Then she smiles and places six of her lemon scones that he had asked about into a cloth and ties it up, "Here you go cutie. These are on the house."
Initiative!
Retria: 18
Gwyn: 17
Oric: 16
Gnoll Queen 3: 11
Naethra: 11
Duran:5
Lou: 3

Dichotomy

• Administrator
  • Party Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »
I hang back near the wall. It's something both of my... histories seem to agree on this being a good thing to do, but for very different reasons. Once I realized that I'm comfortable on the periphery because the proper place of a properly demure lady is out of the way I almost stand and throw things just to make a scene, but staying in the background of a situation I don't well understand and observing to best know the dynamics I'm working with seems like the right thing to do as well...

The princess in me agrees, and so I sit and watch everyone, legs folded discretely beneath me.

Nihtgenga

• AC 17 HP 25/25
  • Party Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »
"That's great, thanks!"

Retiaria put her new coin back into her bag then slipped the ring onto her finger, and gave the shield a few experimental swings before putting it down next to her trident.
Current effects: - Being sexy

Roselli

• Administrator
  • Party Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 12:23:02 PM »
Gwyn takes the circlet and places it on her brow. She makes an adjustment to make sure it's straight.

"How does it look? Is it straight?" she asks no one specifically, before adding, "I'm not actually royalty, but I might as well look the part."

She does note one thing that Amber says, "Potential for more change?? Go up? How much more up is there?"

Nihtgenga

• AC 17 HP 25/25
  • Party Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 12:48:51 PM »
"Looks perfect, sweetie." Retiaria giggled. "A lovely accessory for a lovely lady."

Ordos

• Administrator
  • Party Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »
"Gods, you are such a bitch... Okay, fine! If this is sooo dangerous, if this really is a trap, what the fuck do you think is gonna happen to us, huh? Because so far it just seems to me like we've met the one friendly person in this place and you're being a massive cunt about it!"

Naethra returned Red's glare, although she mostly saw her nude backside as walked back towards the apparition-woman-thing outlined by Gwyn's illusion.

"What's more likely," Naethra said, mostly to herself, "that she's the first nice person we've come across here, or that she's just as hostile as everything else, but a bit more subtle?" 

She had a fairly good idea what could happen to them.  The lust-mad denizens they had encountered seemed to have started as normal people.  The corruption of this place had a definite style to it.  Some of her team-mates already seemed to be slipping.

She was being perfectly rational.  She seemed to be the only one.  There was no reason for Red's words to sting or hurt.  There was no reason for the wetness clinging to her eyes, or the sense of disappointment that lingered from her spurned advance.

"People don't sell their souls all at once," she murmured, paraphrasing from one of the old books she had so adored, "they fall into situations where they find the need to strike bargains.  At first the rate is attractive, what is given is a good value for what is received, but bit by bit the situations grow more dangerous, more desperate, and ever more is needed.  The final surrender isn't grand or dramatic, it's just the last inch of long process, and a forgone conclusion."

She was keenly aware of the irony. 

Ryuforce

• No Stats Here, Just Durgons
  • Administrator
  • Party Member
  • Professional Durgon Player
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 05:34:11 PM »
Duran gives a smile and takes the rations into her bag. "Thank you, Miss Amber." Though shortly after she watches the girl suddenly prepare the lemon scones that was made earlier and offer them off for free. The dragonborn gives a even bigger smile as she takes them as well, now bowing a bit to show more respect for the kindness of this strange creature. "And again, thank you for your generosity as well." Duran just hopes that they can stay fresh long enough to enjoy later.

"People don't sell their souls all at once," she murmured, paraphrasing from one of the old books she had so adored, "they fall into situations where they find the need to strike bargains.  At first the rate is attractive, what is given is a good value for what is received, but bit by bit the situations grow more dangerous, more desperate, and ever more is needed.  The final surrender isn't grand or dramatic, it's just the last inch of long process, and a forgone conclusion."

"As long as you keep your faith in the Gods, one can find the strength to fight such temptations." Duran optimistically says though has quoted from one of the lessons of the temple. "Sure, we'lll make mistakes here and there. We are all mortals after all. But so long as we put our faith in the right place, that'll make all the difference to avoid straying completely down such roads."

[Duran: 12/12 HP]

[Munny: 52 GP]

[Duran obtains 6 days of rations and 6 lemony scones!]

[Alms Box: 10 GP 1 Sliver]
Playing as: Duran Crasin - Level 4 Paladin

Alice

• The Lady of Excess
  • Administrator
  • Party Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »
As Retaria and Gwyn put on their trinkets they feel the weight of their armors on their body.

"Potential for more change?? Go up? How much more up is there?"

She shrugs, "To the best of my knowledge no one has ever reached the top. I Liked the look of you so I volunteered for this job, I'm hoping you'll be the ones to make it all the way."

"As long as you keep your faith in the Gods, one can find the strength to fight such temptations." Duran optimistically says though has quoted from one of the lessons of the temple. "Sure, we'lll make mistakes here and there. We are all mortals after all. But so long as we put our faith in the right place, that'll make all the difference to avoid straying completely down such roads."

She smiles, "You are just too cute. The gods do not directly intervene here no matter what you've heard about elsewhere. And.." She cocks an eyebrow, "Beings of lesser power are equally unlikely.. Still The Lady does not punish faith."

She leans on the counter, "Do you have any more business for me? If not, there is nothing stopping you from using the stairs."
Initiative!

Roselli

• Administrator
  • Party Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »
"Uh, thanks. I'm rooting for us too." Gwyn answers Amber.

Gwyn moves over to Neathra and takes her hand, "all of us together are going to give us our best shot. Let's get moving and get you and the rest of us out of this room. Ok?"

Nihtgenga

• AC 17 HP 25/25
  • Party Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »
"Whoa, that feels weird!" Retiaria commented as she felt the weight of chainmail that wasn't there. She bounced her shoulders a few times to get it to settle, and winced. "Ow! And pinchy!"
She pulled the ring off and rubbed her nipples with a wince.

Grabbing her old leather armour, she put that on, then slipped the ring back onto her finger. "Ah, that's better."

"Okay, I guess we'd better get moving then."
She grabbed her shield and trident, and headed off towards the stairs, before stopping and turning back. "Oh, wait! before we go, we need water! My skin's totally dry, and I'm starting to think just one might not be enough. Can I get a refill, and maybe a couple more as well?"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:43:07 PM by Nihtgenga »

Ryuforce

• No Stats Here, Just Durgons
  • Administrator
  • Party Member
  • Professional Durgon Player
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 06:00:59 PM »
She smiles, "You are just too cute. The gods do not directly intervene here no matter what you've heard about elsewhere. And.." She cocks an eyebrow, "Beings of lesser power are equally unlikely.. Still The Lady does not punish faith."

Duran frown upon hearing such words. For the first time, someone said something that looked almost out right offensive to the dragonborn. "That's not true! The Gods are always around us, their power can reach anywhere! And though they sleep and their influence is weakened they still reach to those who believe." She declared, almost as if straight out of a textbook. "B-besides. If this were to be true, I couldn't channel any from of healing. Neither could Oric... right Oric?" She turned to the cleric of the party, hoping for her to back this dragonborn's claims up.
Playing as: Duran Crasin - Level 4 Paladin

Ordos

• Administrator
  • Party Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 09:54:36 PM »
Naethra let her fingers close tight around Gwyn's.  "Finally," she said, more tired than afraid at this point. 

Yes, half the party was wearing effectively nothing.  Yes, it was distracting and tactically dubious.  Yes, it seemed like some sort of magical corruption was worming its way into them, one by one.  And yes, the adorable elf princess did rush off to fuck Red about ten minutes ago, and still smelled of her exertions.  It was... not an unpleasant odor. 

But mostly, she was just releived to be moving again.  "Let's get moving.  Maybe, if we make good time, we can get out of here before we run out of... unaffected rations."  She eyed Duran, "would our lovely dragon lady care to take point?  Or would you like first stab at things, Red?"

Nihtgenga

• AC 17 HP 25/25
  • Party Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »
"Last time I took point I got used as a quiver, so I'm alright, thanks." Retiaria replied. "I'll go behind Duran though, just let me finish up here first."

Alice

• The Lady of Excess
  • Administrator
  • Party Member
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 11:46:23 AM »
Amber hands a fresh net over to Retaria. "Ahh water.." She casually lifts a barrel and sets it on the counter, "You may fill your skin for 5 copper coins, and for two sliver you can have a fresh skin."
Initiative!