Author Topic: Atomic Highway: Welcome to New Haven- Intro and discussion  (Read 2094 times)

Nihtgenga

• AC 17 HP 25/25
  • Party Member
Atomic Highway: Welcome to New Haven- Intro and discussion
« on: June 26, 2017, 05:16:18 PM »
Gather round, young 'uns, and listen to my tale. The tale of how the world became how it is. What created the Muties, the Radstorms, all that...

Fifty year ago, this was a good, fertile land. The sun was warm, the grass was green, an' there was so, so many people! Not like now, with all the snow and death. But such bounty, it brings discontent. This was the home of a great people, not some pissant little raider tribe, but a true nation! The great, the powerful, the mighty Us and A! It covered all the land, from one sea to the other! Hell, you kiddies don't even know what I'm talkin' about, do ya? Never seen the sea? Imagine like the lake up by Los, except much, much bigger. Now, where was I? Ah yeah, the Crisis. See, a great nation like that, it has enemies. The Com. Foul, evil creatures what wanted to tear everything down! They spread their lies, tricked otherwise decent folks into hating your ancestors. And when the Com got too close, set up camp just outside our ancestors' borders, well, the great chief of Us weren't gonna have none o that, no sir! He warned 'em. Threatened 'em. But they just dint listen. And so he sent his best warriors to wipe them bastards out. After that, well, the Com threw their missiles at Us, and Us threw our own right back. Fire and lightning scorched the earth! A thousand suns, raining down upon us! At the end of it, Com was dead. Or at least, we ain't never seen 'em since, so they must be. But Us was too. The sun was blotted out for years. Snow fell, burying living and dead alike. And that's how it was for years. Things started thawing, eventually. And when it was finally safe- hah, safe! As if. But you get my meanin'. When folks could move around on the surface without freezin' or glowin', we started over. Sure, this land ain't what it used to be. Nor's the creatures and men who walk on it. But New Haven's strong. Safe. We got food, medicine, traders. Long as we can keep our town goin', we can rebuild. Start again. Make the world ours again...

2014. Approximately fifty years ago, the world was decimated by nuclear war. Eventually, survivors founded the settlement of New Haven around the remains of an old shopping mall. While tiny by pre-war standards, it's a bustling hub of post-apocalyptic civilization. It's run mostly fairly by a council of five prominent citizens, and is a beacon of peace and safety in these chaotic times. This is where our story begins, with a group of people responding to an advertisement for employment by one Randall Greene, a member of the town council and owner of Greene Ranch, the town's major provider of food. Outside the town's walls is the Wasteland, a cold, harsh, unforgiving place full of all kinds of threats. Still, some traffic does move between New Haven and the various other settlements nearby, as well as the occasional wandering scavver. To the north is Los, a flooded lakeside city populated mostly by mutants, and to the east- thankfully, far to the east, with a large river between them and New Haven - is the territory of the 77th, a militia descended from a pre-war army battalion. They claim to keep people safe, but in truth they're little better than the raiders they defend against.

We'll be using the Atomic Highway system, which can be legally downloaded for free right here! Player characters can be New Haven residents, or just passing through. Character genning is quick and easy, but if you'd like a hand with it, feel free to hit me up. Hell, I'd enjoy talking to you about it, so yeah.

As for TG/TF stuff, don't expect any in the intro adventure, as I'll be using that purely to familiarize myself and you guys with the system. But mutations and transformations are all too common in the Wasteland, so they will come eventually.
Current effects: - Being sexy